Thursday 1 February 2018

February Challenge: Mamma Mia

Hello Krafters!

Mamma Mia!
It's time for the February Challenge  already!

This month we want you to be inspired by

ABBA!!

It can be one of their song titles.
Their lyrics
Their costumes
One of their record covers
Did you go to one of their concerts? Scrap about it!
Have you been to the Mamma Mia musical? Tell us about it!
Or you can be simply inspired by  Amanda Hall's brilliant graphic below.

Please make sure to tell us where your ABBA inspiration came from :)

And don't forget to challenge yourself to also make a card/tag/atc  to be in the running
for a cool prize from Paper Flourish.

Here is a link to all of ABBA's songs to help you on your way. 



(graphic by Amanda Hall)

Criteria: KRAFT + BE INSPIRED BY ABBA

We welcome all kinds of craft as entries for our challenges, from traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journaling and tags etc. but please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!
Your work MUST be on a KRAFT BACKGROUND (not merely mounted on Kraft) to be eligible.

**Please take the time to read the RULES before submitting your entry**
and upload your entry via the inlinkz section in our side bar.
 

(Due date: Midnight February 28) 


KRAFT PLUS DESIGN TEAM 

Oh my goodness these girls are amazing!
Love how each of their minds work

"My cards were  inspired by Anna's white frilly bell bottom pants."



"Inspired by the lyrics from the Abba song - I have a dream - 'You can take the future, even if you fail.' plus i wanted to make an art journal page that looked like an album cover"


"For this challenge I took inspiration from the graphic, of the band members profiles"



"For this challenge, I immediately thought of these photos of my daughter dancing at a friend's party. I decided to include both the song title and some of the chorus for my little 'dancing queen'."



"The Abba challenge took me for a nostalgic trip down memory lane. I listened to their many hits and sang along to the music. I finally settled on "Thank you for the music", as I'm surrounded by Grandchildren and the sound of their laughter is music to my ears. Inspired by the Graphic, I just had to have a go at creating some transparent Alphas, sadly, they are not as classy as Amanda's, but I had fun making them."


Having a daughter called Abby, I cut out her name "Abba" style in the Kraft.
I also used the lyrics "I have a dream". I printed them on water paper, which I coloured maroon/red and layered behind the letters, under the photo and in strips around two edges!

"The choice of photo for this challenge was a no-brainer for me. Even though it's a poor photo it brings back such great memories of a fantastic night we had watching Mamma Mia at an outdoor theatre in Greece. We loved that the poster promoting it said it featured Meryl Strip!!!"

"taking my inspiration straight from the challenge image"



"this photo sang out to me as soon as I saw it. The song played through my head the whole time I was creating.... and photographing.... and everytime I look at it. Lucky it's a fave of mine'



 "I really wasn't sure where to go with this one, but then I thought about the way we all use
"mamma mia" in every day language and ran with it"


"My inspiration came from the colours of their albums and  my title is one of their songs"





"I was so happy to see an ABBA inspired challenge this month as I recently introduced my kids to ABBA music and we are currently enjoying sing-a-longs in the car. I chose a photo of my daughter playing her ukulele which she has been learning to play at school. I am amazed at how well both of my kids have picked it up and they sound awesome which is why I chose Thank you for the Music for my inspiration."

"HI..I had a few ideas floating around my head, but this one stuck.. Mamma Mia.. my Dd is expecting her first child and her partner is of Italian heritage.. so if you say "mamma mia' like an italian and swing your arms up and down you can see where I got my inspiration from!!hehe!! tfl!!"


"I was inspired by the song, Take a chance on me. I remember having a discussion when we first started dating. We were both so young and new to the whole dating game. With no idea where it would take us, I remember him saying "let's see if it's a week it's a week if it's a month it's a month if it's more, it's more... let's see..." It is 18 years later and on 14 February this year we will celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. Definitely one of my best decisions ever"



Kraft Plus Guest Designer 



Each month we invite  a KRAFT PLUS member 
to play along with us and our challenges. 
This month we are very excited to have the lovely and talented 
Melinda France
join us as our K+guest designer.






"Inspiration is from the song title and lyrics, cd and record shapes, sequins from their costumes, font from the image and the black and white on kraft in the image."

(I can't believe you sewed on all of those sequins Melinda!! )  




International Guest Designer



We are delighted to introduce our
International Guest Designer for the month of February. 
Please welcome the super talented 

Martina Stoycheva

From Bulgaria




Martina was inspired by the song and lyrics from the song "I Have a Dream" 


Our Sponsors and Prizes 


Kraft Plus Challenges would like to extend our thanks to  our wonderful sponsors for their generosity and support for our

February 'Mamma Mia' Challenge 
Each month we will have a Guest Designer 
from each of our sponsors to play along with our challenges.
Which means even MORE wonderful creations to inspire us all. 

*Please note:  Unfortunately, due to high postage costs, prizes are for Australian residents only, but a Guest Design Spot will be offered to an international  entrant each month, to be chosen by the K+ Design Team  




Creative Kit Club




Uniquely Creative Kits are offering these THREE fantastic dies



PAPER FLOURISH






Paper Flourish are offering this  prize  for
the winning CARD/TAG/ATC entry 






A2Z SCRAPLETS
A2Z Scraplets are offering a $30 prize pack
(winner chosen by K+DT) 

Carolynn Haswell





Carolyn was inspired by the song
I Do I Do I Do
 


SCRAPMATRIX







ScrapMatrix is offering these two Aall and  Create stencils designed by 
Olga Heldwein valued at $36 






Vicki Christensen 




Vicki was inspired by the song
Slipping Through My Fingers 

The hidden journaling






NEAT AND CRAFTY CUTZ





Neat N Crafty Cutz are offering FIVE cut files of your choice 
(winner chosen by K+ DT ) 


IT'S AND BITS CRAFT SUPPLIES 

It's and Bits Craft Supplies are offering a 
$30 voucher 
(winner selected Randomly) 

Merrilyn Jackson  



Merrilyn was inspired by ABBA the group themselves and Amanda's graphic. 



By now you probably have ABBA singing in your head.
Be warned.. they won't go away!
The DT have been hearing ABBA for months lol

We hope you are inspired to play along.
We can't wait to see what you create!
Hasta Manana
and
Happy Krafting! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh My!!!! Look at all that inspiration... and the graphics for this challenge is absolutely amazing!1 Looking forward to seeing what our talented Krafters kome up with this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.......what a fun challenge! Awesome inspiration DT, love every page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fantastic reveal! Yep - I'm going to have Abba songs stuck in my head now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun and fabulous challenge!!! WOW! I love all of the beautiful works of art depicted here, too!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips